Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Favorite Book Things #1

I miss the Horror genre.

It was a time when evil was evil and not just lacking the love of some girl. Vampires were bad and no one wanted to have sex with them. There were creepy dolls and scary creatures. And, while it still exists in a few major authors, it's not as prevalent as it was in the 90s when my teen self discovered it.

So, I thought I'd share my favorite horror author: D. A. Fowler, also with books under Debra Fowler. It's actually kind of hard to find any information on the internet about her, including how many books she actually wrote. I've come up with at least 7, though. I have 5 so far.



Out of those, my favorites are a trilogy- What's Wrong with Valerie?, What's Wrong with Tamara, and Bad Blood. I found the second book at some used bookstore. When I was done, got the first one off the internet... which wasn't as easy to do then as it is now. It wasn't until years later that I found out there was a third book. They were published in the early 90s. All of them are out of print, but can be found used.

What I like so much about these books is how depraved they are. Even in horror, it's not often that I'm completely amazed at how an author came up with his or her ideas. The things that go on in these books are astoundingly crazy. If you're looking for truly insane and evil characters, these books are the way to go. 

I'm not sure if these are all the books D. A. Fowler wrote so, if you know of more, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment